Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Actual NOTD: St. Patrick's Day Green and Gold

Adding my nails to the many, many folks who are sporting special nails for the holiday. In my case, it's Incoco strips in Clover Fields, which I bought when they were clearancing out some of last year's designs. This particular set has Skittlette potential built right in, with seven variants on the green and gold clovers theme.



Because my nails are recovering from a rough winter, I put two coats of Barielle Fortifying Nail Builder on as a base before I applied the strips. Because I am stressed and busy, I didn't take the time to unpack and setup my lightbox (it's still in a pile with all the nail stuff I took on my conference trip), so I've just got slightly out of focus real life "action shots" of this mani. Here's my left hand:



And my right:



Bonus shot featuring the Shamrock Shake I treated myself to at McDonald's yesterday because it was my birthday:



As with the other Incoco strips I've tried, I'm happy with how these applied and how they're wearing. The plain gold sections on these are particularly nice, very smooth and rich looking.


7 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday, Karen. Was that shake worth trying? I have doubts :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you had a great birthday! Your nails look cute! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are super cute! I love the mix and match look. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you had a great birthday :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, ladies!

    @Halifax, the shake is a holiday tradition for me, so the taste is almost besides the point. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute strips! Great that you were able to get them on clearance too! I've never tried a shamrock shake before it looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.