Friday, February 14, 2014

Finger Paints Kaleidoscope Collection Flakies

Just after I took the display photo I shared in yesterday's post of the Finger Paints Kaleidoscope flakies, I scooped up one of each color and bopped over to the cash register. I had to pay attention to the names on the bottles to make sure I did have one of each, as you can't just glance at them quickly and tell them apart. Left to right below, we have Vivid Reflection, Abstract Attraction, Symmetrical Symphony, Psychedelic Hue, and Colorful Dream.



When you hold the bottles up to the light and study them, you can tell the shades apart. Here, for instance, is Vivid Reflection, which looks mostly pink, lilac, and golden.



On the nail, over a black creme base, Vivid Reflection shows even more colors. The pinks and lilacs visible in the bottle are still there, along with flashes of purple, and the golden flakes seem to shift from gold to orange and even green.





Abstract Attraction has cool hued flakies of purple, blue, and teal.





In the bottle, Symmetrical Symphony looks mostly yellow gold and blue with pops of lilac.



On the nail over black, Symmetrical Symphony shows a veritable rainbow of hues. I see yellow and blue and lilac like in the bottle, yes, but also red and orange and green.





Psychedelic Hue has a narrower range of colors; it's mostly green and blue both in the bottle and on the nail.





Colorful Dream shows a rainbow of pastels in the bottle.



On the nail over black. Colorful Dream is still colorful but it seems like the very dark base overwhelmed it somewhat. When I wear this again, I'll try it over something a bit lighter.





All of these swatches are two coats of the flakies over the black creme (I used my go to Wet 'n' Wild Wild Shine black). The first two, Vivid Reflection and Abstract Attraction, have topcoat as well. I left topcoat off the last three so you can see how flat the flakies are on their own.

14 comments:

  1. ohhh pretty. I am still on the fence about these and if I need them. If I happen to stop by Sally's though I am guessing they will somehow manage to make their way home with me. I passed them up the first time I was there but I doubt I can hold out again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I picked up one for myself and a couple for a swap. I kind of like them, but... I've seen better. They don't seem nearly as good as their previous flakie release (which I totally missed) and the Zoyas are still my favorite so far. :/ I wish Zoya would put out more flakies....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw these and almost bought one but I didn't know which one to get. Maybe I will go back and get one now that I have seen your post. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure if I'll be getting any of these. They're kind of underwhelming when you compare them to the last collection but they're still pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. would love to see these with a matte topcoat ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love flakies! I just wear them way too seldom! Great swatches, thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for these swatches - I clearly need Vivid Reflection in my life :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love flakies...And think that Vivid Reflecion really stands out here!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow they finally came out with more, but yeah I agree with ^ they don't seem as good as the first ones that sold out super quick, I remember calling like 4 Sally's trying to get some crazy what us laquer heads do when we get the itch ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. how can anyone decide for just one? i want them all :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful swatches. Vivid Reflection is lovely :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love flakies :). Beautiful photos! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.