Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Wheels A5, A6, Y5: Warm Neutral Cremes

Since creme wheels don't require so many photos, I'm doing three of them for this Nail Wheel Wednesday. These are primarily warm neutral cremes from ivory through tan to dark brown, with a handful of grey-leaning brownish shades I used to fill out wheels. Standard disclaimers apply: 1) if I were painting these over, I'd move some colors around and 2) yep, I've got a lot of opportunity for destashing in this category.



(all are 3 coats, except as noted)

1. Maybelline Salon Finish Sheer Lavender [I see no purple in this at all; perhaps it faded before it joined my stash]
2. Maybelline Express Finish First Date
3. Sally Hansen Beyond Perfect Bare Beauty [I wish SH would do another line in bottles like this]
4. Sally Hansen Maximum Growth Sweet Tulip
5. Sally Hansen Maximum Growth Innocent Nude
6. Rescue Beauty Lounge Sheer Pink
7. Rescue Beauty Lounge Sheer Natural
8. Sally Hansen New Lengths Sheer French Beige [apparently there was a trend back then to use frosted bottles for sheer polishes, like this and #1 from Maybelline]
9. Borgehese Boticelli Nude
10. Rescue Beauty Lounge Opaque Pink
11. Sally Hansen Salon Oh Naturale
12. Sally Hansen Maximum Growth unknown [pretty sure I got this as part of a French mani kit and the shade name was on the kit packaging, which is long gone]
13. NARS Candy Darling
14. Butter London unknown
15. Sally Hansen New Lengths Cafe Au Lait
16. Borghese Principesa Ivory
17. Borghese Cannoli Cream
18. Finger Paints Don't Make a Scene (2 coats) [showing the pigment settling that FP often seem to get; so far I've always been able to get them to remix fine when I want to wear one]
19. Color Club Who Are You Wearing
20. Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Evening Fog (2 coats)

Bottles 1 through 5:


6 through 10:


11 through 15:


15 through 20:





(all are 2 coats, except as noted)

1. Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Mousseline (3 coats)
2. Ulta City Sidewalk
3. Essie T-Bills Putty (3 coats)
4. Essie Sand Tropez
5. Milani Vintage [never saw this in stores, ordering online when it was re-released]
6. Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Iced Coffee
7. Joe Fresh Latte (3 coats)
8. Essie Brooch the Subject
9. Catrice Walk in the Woods [oh, Catrice, why can't you sell your stuff in the U.S.? you'd make so much money off me]
10. Risque Cappuccino
11. Ulta Set the Nude
12. Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Wet Clay
13. Models Own Slate Grey
14. Revlon Smoky Canvas
15. Essence Multi Dimension Movin' On
16. Models Own Concrete Mixer
17. Deborah Lippmann Waking Up in Vegas
18. Sally Hansen New Lengths Metro Creme (3 coats)
19. Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Snappy Creme (3 coats)
20. Essie Case Study

Bottles 1 through 5:


6 through 10:


11 through 15:


15 through 20:





(all are 3 coats, except as noted)

1. Sally Hansen New Lengths Bare All Creme
2. Nails Inc. Caramel [why can't diet Coke come with nail polish here in the U.S.? that would get me to start drinking more of it again]
3. Joe Fresh Caramel [neither this nor #2 are yellow enough to look like what I think of as caramel]
4. Misa Hot Couture
5. OPI A-Taupe the Space Needle
6. Chanel Khaki Brun (2 coats)
7. Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Terracotta (2 coats)
8. OPI San Tan-tonio
9. Orly Coffee Break
10. CHI My Cornerstone in Manhattan
11. Chanel Khaki Rose (2 coats)
12. Essie Mink Muffs (2 coats)
13. Sally Hansen New Lengths Toasted Almond
14. Revlon Chocolate Truffle (2 coats)
15. Barry M Chocolate Brown (2 coats)
16. Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Attitude Creme
17. Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Lucky Creme
18. OPI Suzi Loves Cowboys
19. Essie Lady Godiva (2 coats)
20. Essie Little Brown Dress (2 coats)

Bottles 1 through 6:


7 through 10:


11 through 15:


15 through 20:


Looking at all the nearly identical browns, I'm pondering whether I have enough local polish loving friends to have a de-duping party, where we'd swatch to find dupes, then I'd choose one of each set of dupes to keep and the other ones would go home with my guests so I wouldn't be tempted to put them all back in my Helmers. That sounds like more fun to me than some parties I've been to.

*****

If you tried to leave a comment to win the $50 IGIGI gift certificate over on my online journal and were thwarted, please go back, as I've now fixed the issue that was preventing comments. Sorry about that.





6 comments:

  1. That sounds like my kind of party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's a lot of neutrals! I think a lot of purging could be done on that A5 wheel...

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goodness! Impressive selection. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL on the teaser photo it looked like the first wheel was almost empty, they really are subtle nudes. Great collection, Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great color for work specially the cremes. I'm currently running a Spring giveaway if you want check it out :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.