Monday, January 3, 2011

Vacation Nails of the Week: OPI Show It and Glow It

I'm back from hiatus and from vacation, which I spent skiing at Schweitzer Mountain in Idaho. On my trip out there, I had a connection in Seattle, where I found the Butter London salon was right across from my gate. I took that as a sign I needed to buy some nail polish, of course. Those bottles are still in my carryon bag, but I hope to swatch them soon. On my trip, I wore OPI Show It and Glow It from the Burlesque collection. I think I used three coats—one of my resolutions for 2011 that I got started on a little early was to be better organized with my nail polish notes, so I got a little spiral bound book to keep them in, except I didn't write down anything at all about this manicure. Oops.



Just before I left, I jammed and broke my left thumbnail reaching to open a drawer and had to nubbinize it. Since it was my thumb, I left the rest of nails alone—I don't mind so much when my thumbs don't match, but if it had been one of my other fingers I would have cut them all down. Here's my thumb enjoying a tasty margarita at the airport:



This OPI glitter didn't wear as well as Mad as a Hatter did on my Florida trip this past fall, but I think ski trips are harder on my hands and nails than most vacations between buckling and unbuckling the boots and getting my gloves and therefore hands wet with snow. I did have some chipping near the end of the week but the great thing about glitter is it's easy to touch up.

I'll be back to regular entries soon, but let me leave you for now with two vacation snaps, one of me all bundled up for skiing and one of the gorgeous scenery at Schweitzer Mountain.



17 comments:

  1. I've never been skiing. The scenery looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How gorgeous the snow looks here! :) You're brave to go skiing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I guess we picked same polish for holidays. :) Did you use any topcoat and bacecoat? Because mine started chipping next day. :/

    Anyway, I also don't mind in my thumb is shorter.xD

    I'm really not a winter person but I would love to go skiing at least once in my life. :D Amazing last pic, so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The snow looks wonderful, what a pretty color!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had fun ^o^
    Good choice, But glitters are hell to remove! I always use the ole' foil method. xD

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG that snow looks so gorgeous! have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the picture of you skiing! And you've inspired me to dig out a glitter before the week is over.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your trip looks like it was so much fun! The mountain looks gorgeous!
    Welcome Back :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd much rather see beautiful pictures like that than actually hit the hills myself.

    I like this nail polish, even though ti's glittery it's pretty in a quiet way.

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow! i hate snow but your picture makes it looks awesome. haha i was gunna try SI&GI too, but i didnt :P

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've actually never been skiing. To the snow, yes, but not skiing. You look like you had quite some fun though!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous scenery! Looks like you had a great time :) Looking forward to see the Butter polishes!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful view! It looks like a postcard :)
    I love the glitter polish x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Isn't that funny, how since thumbs are off to the side, we don't really care if they don't match the rest of the nails? My thumb nails seem to grow more slowly, too, than my other nails. Clearly, thumbs are mutants that we must grudgingly accept, or never open another bottle of pop again. :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. The scenery looks just amazing ! (and then I remind myself I don't like winter at all ;)) I like OPI as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those snow covered trees look like people, snowmen I guess, waving at you. I think they were welcoming you to the mountains! lol Yes, I have an active imagination.

    Sure looks like you had a fun vacation and picked a nice festive manicure for it too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Mmmmmm....yummy shade! Glad I got this!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.