Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Wheel S: Snowman Cremes and Glitters

I hope you're not tired of the snowmen yet, because here they are on Nail Wheel Wednesday.

Nail wheel

1. Peachy pink creme (5 coats) [the 5th one was entirely my fault because I needed to try and cover up an oops I made by jabbing my finger into the wet polish after coat 4]
2. Coral creme (3)
3. Watermelon creme (3)
4. Hot pink creme (3)
5. Pinkish red creme (2)
6. Red creme (2) (I swear #5 and #6 are different, though possibly so subtly that having both is just silly)
7. Light lilac creme (3)
8. Periwinkle creme (3)
9. Lilac creme (2) [should have done 3 coats of this one]
10. Turquoise creme (3)
11. Mint creme (3)
12. Green creme (3)
13. Silver holo (4)
14. Light red holo (4)
15. Red holo (4)
16. Red glitter (4)
17. Blue glitter (3)
18. Lime scattered glitter (3)
19. Red violet scattered glitter (3)
20. Hot pink scattered glitter (3)

I added top coat to the glitters (#13 to #20) but left the others topless. #4 turned out to be a neon, and thus dried matte, which didn't surprise me too much given how bright it is in the bottle. I didn't expect so many of the others to dry satin, though; #7 through #10 and #12 all did. #18 and #20 dried matte as well, and those base colors seemed to obscure the glitter a great deal even after I added the top coat.

I was happy to see that the two red holo glitters (#14 and #15) are different, as I had at first thought but then pretty much talked myself out of. #15 has the transluscent red base like #14 but most of its glitter is the same as #16, the red in a clear base that I swatched the other day. That the blue glitter (#17) was so opaque surprised me; I thought it would go on like the red one.

Nail wheel

Nail wheel

Nail wheel

Nail wheel

Nail wheel


I know I've posted the bottles before, but I took new pics so I'd have them in the order that I swatched them on this wheel.

Bottles 1 through 6:
Nail wheel

Closeup of 5 and 6:

Nail wheel

7 through 12:
Nail wheel

13 through 17:
Nail wheel

Closeup of 14 and 15:
Nail wheel

18 through 20:
Nail wheel

Alert readers will notice that this is only about half of the snowman army; I bet you can guess what next week's installment of Nail Wheel Wednesday will feature.

23 comments:

  1. the nail wheels look like a yummy bag of jelly beans :) A nice blogger sent me a few and I was able to make it up north to snag a few myself. I love them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love #17, I think I actually have that one. I need to wear it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snowman bottles. Why don't we have them here? *weeps softly*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw the snowmen bottles while I was picking up some more face wash in Meijer and immediately thought of you. These things are SO cute. Seriously wanted them, but I don't have any place to put them now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope I can find some of these!
    Thanks so much for taking the time to swatch & share. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are so cute!! I'm glad you have so many without any true repeats.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love these! where did you get them!?

    ReplyDelete
  8. these are all awesome colors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have the worst case of snowman envy ever.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are gorgeous, I can't even pick favourites! Cute bottles and great colours *envy explosion!* :D x

    ReplyDelete
  11. They're just so darn cute! I wish I could get my paws on some of these.

    ReplyDelete
  12. i actually like how some dried matte. Iwish wish wish wish they had proper names for these snowmans!! argh!!

    they seem to make the best variation in colors and types.

    I'm still looking for a purple/ blue foil/ frost and it looks like the blue snowman u posted 2 posts back may be the closest i will get to a blurple frost.

    ReplyDelete
  13. :D It's so crazy to see all the snowmen polishes swatched!
    I really want the blue #7. I have to be on the look out for that one.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Are numbers 1,4,7,8,9,10 and 12 all mattes? O__O Numbers 8, 15, 17 and 19 are my favorites ^__^ But even better than the polish colors are the bottles, they're soooo cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for the nail wheel swatches! I'm personally a fan of most of these, if not all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  16. #7! Gorgeous! I'm obsessed with that color right now, in everything!!
    #10, love that one too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can never find these in San Francisco :(

    ReplyDelete
  18. 17 through 20 look fabulous! I also really like the colors that dried matte.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for all your comments, everyone!

    rmcandlelight, glad you got your hands on some wheels. I buy my wheels from Transdesign, just add a pack or two whenever I order.

    Nail Designs, here in Michigan they're at Rite Aid and Meijer. I've heard of people in other areas finding them at places like Jewel/Osco and HEB (grocery stores).

    Karina, 4, 7 through 10, and 12 dried matte/satin. 1 was fairly shiny; might just be the light in the pic making it look a bit dull.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love this wheel and the colours. My immediate thought was - oh, I've love to crochet a nice blanket using these colours!

    The holos are really something else but the bottles are so cute. I love the tilted carrot noses. Heh.
    BV

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.