Monday, December 27, 2010

Studio M Sugar Plums and Tinsel Time

Sugar Plums and Tinsel Time were the two other (besides Oh Joy, which I shared yesterday) Studio M 2010 holiday polishes that didn't look like re-promotes or re-names. Sugar Plums is a warm purple shimmer with a faint blue flash that was opaque in three coats. This color isn't very unusual but it is pretty.





Tinsel Time is a yellow gold shimmer that falls clearly into the "not a Karen color" category. It's less sheer than Oh Joy (though really, most polishes are), but three coats was not enough to make it opaque.





I tried a bit of layering over Sugar Plums with the two sheers I got from this collection:



Sugar Plums with (top to bottom): Oh Joy (1 coat), Oh Joy (2 coats), Tinsel Time (1 coat), Tinsel Time (2 coats).


I like Tinsel Time much better on me when layered over a more complimentary color.

11 comments:

  1. PURPLE!!!!!!!!!!!! So pretty!
    Reminds me of a purple I have from milani, cant remember the name though:/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the purple especially with oh joy (1 coat) on it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just saw the purple polish in the clearance bin at meijer's! I passed on it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both of these are gorgeous!! Are these the new ones?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like them both. Blue flash always sells to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sugar Plums is lovely, the name is perfect for it! It looks very pretty with Oh Joy over the top :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tinsel Time is so...yellow lol. No bueno! It does look pretty layered, though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the sheers over the purple a lot! One coat of either looks soo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Like the purple a whole lot! Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, ladies!

    rmcandlelight, these were in the 2010 holiday display; not sure if they're going to be made core or not.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.