Thursday, December 16, 2010

Recent NOTD: Orly Rockin' Rockette

Rockin' Rockette was one of the first two colors I bought from Orly's holiday collection this year (Meet Me Under the Mistletoe was the other). It's a deep red packed with gold shimmer, but the gold is veiled behind the red so it's not too blingy for me to wear to customer meetings. The gold doesn't stay veiled if you wipe the polish with acetone, though, as I discovered when I got a bit too aggressive with my clean up brush; you can see that in the third photo below. My bottle of this is labeled "Rockin' Rocket"; I guess that's a typo or they ran out of room (but they fit "Meet Me Under the Mistletoe" on that bottle) because the display and the Orly website both say "Rockette", which makes a lot more sense than "Rocket" for a holiday collection.







Because I was super busy at work, I didn't change my color midweek, so I wore this for six days with no touchups. I didn't get my first chip until that 6th day, but I did have noticeable (to me, anyway) tipwear. I used two coats over basecoat (Sally Hansen Nail Quencher and Salon Sciences Instant Artificials) and under topcoat (Sally Hansen Insta Dri Anti Chip).

*****

Edited to add this picture taken on Day 6:



My index finger may look like it had no tipwear, but that's because I had to file that nail a bit after it finger collided with an immovable object which took a chunk out of it.

15 comments:

  1. that colour is lovely. and seriously, gotta love the wear time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it. I LIKE it. Dammit, you have the most chic and well-groomed nails and hands out there. How do you DO that? Can you give us your regime, please?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love this type of colour...but to wear same polish for 6 day...to me it's science fiction :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful color! Are these pictures after 6 days, because that would be amazing! I'm going to be wearing RBL Teal for a whole 6 days which is unheard of for me. Looking at the same color for this long is starting to get to me, though... :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. karen, thank you!

    jaljen, that's very kind of you to say. I can certainly do an entry about my routine sometime though I know there's room for improvement in it (if it were perfect, I wouldn't have peelies that I'm camouflaging with thick base coat).

    nail crazy, 6 days is long for me, too, but sometimes life gets in the way of my polish habit. :)

    Varnish Vixen, oh my no--the first three pics are when it was fresh. I edited to add a picture on Day 6 so you can see the tipwear and hints of encroaching cuticles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 6 days? Wow, it looks really good on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty, I really love this shade!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This polish looks really good on you!
    :) And I agree, you have nice nails!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a pretty color! I wouldn't buy it, but it's good for christmas and looks lovely on you.

    As an aside, I also am curious about your regimen. Your cuticles are so perfect. *drools*

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is really pretty, I really like the veiled gold shimmer.
    It lasted really well for 6 days, mine would have been covered in chips and often missing whole fingers of polish by then! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the color,

    Not too bad on the wear (could be worse), but I would definitely be itching for some acetone, lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. I didn't get any from this collection yet. I think I'm going to wait until it goes on sale after Christmas...if there's any leftover that is.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thats a very nice color for the holidays!! I really like the gold shimmer to it also!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loving this color I'm wearing it now myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really like this color a lot! And anything that has a long life and minimal tipwear is a keeper in my book.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.