Monday, December 20, 2010

Recent NOTD: OPI Sapphire in the Snow

I took a break from this year's holiday collections and went with one from last year for my nails last week: OPI's Sapphire in the Snow, a dark blue violet (a.k.a. blurple) creme. It pulls more blue on me than purple; these photos are pretty close, at least on the monitors I've viewed them on. I used two coats of this one.







Again, work kept me from changing polish midweek, though I did have to touch up some chips on day three. This is the second time I've used Orly Nailtrition under Salon Sciences Instant Artificials as my base and the second time I've had chipping earlier than I would have expected, so it seems those two don't play nicely together with my body chemistry.

11 comments:

  1. This is a pretty purple. :) I love how it looks so creamy on your nails.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my biggest lemming EVER!!!! SO beyond pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty!!! I want something like this for new years eve

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sooo pretty. It looks gorgeous with Lippmann TWAF over it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this one is one of my most beloved OPIs, really great shade

    ReplyDelete
  6. That would look so pretty with silver glitter over it! I'm picturing it now in my head!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty colour! I bet it would look great with some glitter on top!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This blurple is gorgeous! I have similar issue with catrice base coat, although catrice does not chip, it bonds with the polish and gets off the nail in one piece, like a sticker ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't know if I have this one in the stash, if not I must get it! =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a lovely blue/purple colour. It looks great on its own and I'd love to try it with different sparkly topcoats :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nossa!!! Esse é lindo de viver!!!

    Amei!!!

    Feliz Natal para você e que o Ano Novo seja repleto de Paz, Saúde e Amor!

    Beijos da sua mais nova amiga brasileira

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.