Thursday, December 23, 2010

NOTD: Orly Winter Wonderland

This is one of those rare times when my actual nails correspond to the nails of the day I'm posting. If all had gone according to plan yesterday, this wouldn't have happened, but instead of working from home and thus having two extra hours in my day to play with polish, I had to go into the office because my remote access wasn't working. I eventually got that sorted out but ended up getting home very late and very tired since the sorting out had to be done in addition to my normal work. This mani still looked fine, so I left it be. It's Orly Winter Wonderland from this year's holiday collection.



This one's surprisingly tricky to capture in photographs. I'm not sure what to call this finish; it's similar to a foil in texture but pearly rather than metallic. It looks sort of chunky in the bottle (and in photos) but it's smooth on the nail.



It looks more silvery and sheer in pictures than it does in real life. It is sheer; I'm wearing three coats and can see my nail line in most lighting conditions. Because of that, I'm sure it's going to be great for layering.





I really like this one. It makes me think of snow, clean sparkly new fallen snow.

11 comments:

  1. That's a beautiful white. I might have to go and buy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking for a white. Not a cream white. Maybe this is the one. I really need a polish like this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this one. It looks soft and fem, but the finish is a little bit edgier. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is one white I will be keeping. it looks like the snow as it falls. and it looks awesome on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very beautiful! It looks quite pearly and frosty. I like it alone, but I bet it would look get layered over anything :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bought one polish today hoping it's similar to this orly- but it turned out to be an ugly pearl with brush strokes :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. very clean wintery look. lately I've been trying for a clean look. maybe I try something similar to this one

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have just received this one in a mini bottle and I really like it! Much more than I expected I would :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The texture of it looks very icy, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Also, I tagged you in a post :)
    http://www.gemx.co.uk/sparkle/?p=861

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.