Monday, April 26, 2010

Change of Heart

I just changed the name of this blog from "I Still Don't Have a Blog" because even though I continue to maintain my original online journal (Hat on Top, Coat Below) and my extremely neglected LiveJournal (where I've posted only four times in the last year, and two of those were about my Dreamwidth account, in which I've never posted), I've decided that even though the world already has plenty of nail blogs, I'm going to try my hand (hah--hand; I amuse myself) at doing one, too. At this point, I'm not entirely sure how the content here will be different than the posts I've been making on the nail board at MakeupAlley (I'm thekarend at MUA)--guess I'll figure that out as I go.

Regarding the new name, it comes from a post by a troll on the nail board criticizing the quality of photos people were posting--she was evidently so upset that she couldn't manage to spell "nail polish" correctly. Some people on the board think this joke is old and tired, but it still amuses me, so I went with it. My cuticles are less frazzle-y than they were before I started hanging out on the nail board, but they're far from perfect. Fortunately, I am much less concerned about what people think of me than I used to be, so I will post regardless. Starting tomorrow. Or maybe the day after. I do have to keep my job so I can buy more nail polish, so must limit the amount of time I spend on non-work stuff like this new nail blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.